Links - References
Much of the information listed here has been obtained from publicly available sources that are available for you to use to extend and improve the family trees shown. All these web resources are FREE to use - being either government, charity or volunteer funded.
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission - for tracing those who died in World War I and II
- FamilySearch - massive, world-wide family history service; includes 1871, 1881 and 1901 UK census
- FreeBMD - the online index to the official UK birth, marriage and death registers
- FreeCen - volunteers working on the 1841, 1851, 1861, 1871 and 1891 UK census
- FreeReg - baptism, marriage, and burial records extracted from parish registers, non-conformist records and other relevant UK sources
- Trove : National Library of Australia - with plenty of migration from the UK to Australia useful for tracing missing family members
- UK BMD - starting point for various regional registers (eg Yorkshire) based upon local Register Offices.
- Wakefield Local Studies Library
- West Yorkshire Archive Service, Wakefield
- Wharfedale & Craven Genealogical Study
- Yorkshire Births, Marriages and Deaths - very helpful for marriages where there are two possible spouses
Our Family History Websites
- Brotherton Org - families connected with the village of Brotherton in Yorkshire
- Sheeky Family - families with the surname Sheeky, Sheekey, Cheakey, etc and their relatives
- Townsley Info - families with the surname Townsley and their relatives
- Townsley Extended - all the commoner Strangeway(s) families in an interactive format provided by Webtrees
- Strangways-Towneley - all the nobility and landed gentry information in a format provided by Gedsite.